Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:22:39 -0500
A quote from Gregg Wong in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Tuesday, Oct. 6:

====
No confusion now: The NCAA has determined that results and statistics
from "exempted games," such as the Hall of Fame game and the Icebreaker
Cup, will count, but exhibition games against Canadian colleges and touring
international teams will not count. Last season, CCHA schools counted those
results and statistics, but teams from the other three Division I leagues did
not.

As well, results of those exempted games will be included in the Ratings
Percentage Index (RPI), one of the criteria used to determine the NCAA
tournament field. However, games played against Nebraska-Omaha will not
count in the RPI because schools must have completed two seasons of
Division I play and the Mavericks are just starting their second season.
====

It's good to have that cleared up, once and for all.  I'd say the Ice Hockey
Committee made a good call here.

-- Erik