Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 23:20:36 EST
[forwarded on behalf of Tim .. wts]
From: [log in to unmask]

        I have a few things on my mind that I have to let out:

HE Tournament:
        -I was pretty impressed with Providence beating BU.  It seemed that it
was only a matter of time till BU woke up and started a comeback, but PC didn't
let it happen.
        -As a result of doing play-by-play for Lowell, I'd have to agree with
Mike M. that the "Gahden" is awesome.  The press area was huge, and the over-al
facilities there were pretty good.  WOW.  The media boxes were up a bit high
but you could still see everything.
        -I know it's been awhile, but it bothers me to see people write how
Maine beat Lowell and Maine was the better team that night.  The probably
were, but I think Lowell beat themselves.  I think they ran out of gas in the
third period due the larger rink at the Garden compared to their home rink at
the Tully Forum.  Second, I think watching or knowing that BU lost to PC gott
the Riverhawks a little too excited and were probably looking ahead a little
bit.  Imagine, if they beat Maine, they would play PC in the finals (they were
3-0 against them down the stretch I think) and probably get a bye in the 1st
round of the NCAA's IN ALBANY!!!!  Oh, what could have been...
        -I've also seen some comments about BU's convincing win over UML in the
consolation game.  Remember, against Maine, 2 defensemen were injured and kept
laying: Sr. David Mayes went crashing into the boards and broke his back, and
So. Chris Libett also went crashing into the boards, hurting his back and
breaking a knuckle on his hand.  Neither of them played against BU.  Crowder
was forced to play 3 FRESHMAN on defense, 2 of them have seem limited playing
time all year.  Now, if anyone knows of a team that can play three relatively
inexperienced freshman, in the league tournament, and beat the #1 team in the
country, let me know, I'd like to see that...

NCAA Tournamnet:
        -I can't add anything more than what's already been said my Dave H. and
Mike M. about Lowell getting shipped out to Michigan, again, playing Michigan
St, again, at Michigan St AGAIN.  It's just ridiculous.  Head Coach Bruce
Crowder was pretty upset.  Here's a quote from Monday's Boston Globe:

        "I'm just disappointed for the people who work so hard to build up this
program, for the students and for everyone who could just hop on a bus and be
in Albany in three hours.  It just doesn't make sense."
        "All I know is I don't think people on the committee are going to bat
for us.  There are three HE teams in teh tournament and two of them are being
shipped out."
        "We're the home team in their building.  We get to wear the whities and
they get the 6,000 fans."

As you can tell, he's pretty mad at HE commish De Gregorio.  I have always
noticed that Lowell generally doesn't recieve any respect, in HE or nationally.
Just look at the HE Preseason poll, Lowell was picked 6th out of 9 teams.  T
They finished 2nd and were in the top ten nationally for the last half of the
season.  I'm sure Crowder will tell all this to his team to give them some
incentive playing Michigan St, and then Colorado College...and then whoever
they play in the Final Four...and then...Oh well.  We'll see what happens.

                        See ya out in Michigan,
                                                Tim