Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1991 14:46:36 EST
SYSTEM%ACAD.DRAKE.EDU writes:

>Who cares who shakes hands?  Stop sending me wasteful messages!!!!!!

Well... I have never posted a critical message to a newsgroup before, but feel
that I must express my opinion. If I am in a minority, fine - I can live with
that. But maybe there are others who feel the same way.

(Just a moment... I'll put my flame retardant suit on......)

I've been reading this news group for a while and have been very happy with
the information that is passed along the network. I especially enjoy the great
reports that folks post describing individual games, the discussions of
penalties, the discussions of rules, the rankings, and other relevant matters.
I have even done some posting of my own along these lines. This is what I read
the newsgroup for and I hope these kinds of messages continue.

However, recently there have been a spate of messages that I have no interest
in. I don't care what the ticket prices are at other arenas - unless they are
exorbitant and affecting attendance. I don't want to know what the seating
capacities are - unless they affect the ability of fans to attend games. I
don't care who shakes hands after games - unless there is some other
significance to it. Just collecting the facts is not of interest. I have found
myself (and at least one other person I know who follows this list) throwing
out more than 50% of the messages without even opening them!

Perhaps these messages are just preseason (at least at Dartmouth it's
preseason) urges to "talk hockey" and the trivial messages will taper off as
the season gets going.

Does anyone else feel this way?

 note: these are flame shields