Sender:
From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 19:55:52 -0500
Now that the hockey season is over, and withdrawal symptoms begin to set
in...  I have a couple of comments on the items sold at the NC$$ regionals.
The T-shirts and such were very nice, and (at the West Regional, at least)
were sold out quite early in the affair... The problem was, they were
generic 1995 NC$$ Championship T-Shirts -- no "West Regional" or "Madison",
let alone any mention of the teams involved.  I bought one anyway, but I
know in years past there have been "regional" T-shirts.  I also bought a
program, which appeared to be the general NC$$ championship program with
local advertising in it.  On the whole, the program was excellent -- lotsa
good photos, and a rather complete history of the NC$$ tournament from its
inception.  One nit-pick, though -- why is it that when college hockey
programs are printed, they always mess up the two-line pass rule in the
explanation of the rules?  Unlike in the NHL, the goalie *can* send a pass
down to the far blue line for a waiting "cherry picker" without a two-line
pass whistle.  This is shown incorrectly in the NC$$ program and was
incorrect in last year's Wisconsin programs, too.  No biggie, but
presumably someone out there in the stands is going to be confused by it...

Now if only the fans would realize the change in the hand-pass rule to
allow it in the defending zone...

Enough nits to pick....   it was a great year for hockey!

-john