Sender:
From:
Andrew Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 22:01:28 -0500
In the final game of an outstanding series, Colgate out skated Vermont
to earn a spot in the ECAC semi-finals.

Some quick comments:
Game 1: Vermont 5 Colgate 2
  Despite the score, a remarkably close game...I believe Colgate outshot
Vermont.  Tim Thomas was seemingly unbeatable. Vermont played a very physical
game, slowed Colgate down and took the win.

Game 2: Colgate 2 Vermont 0
  IMHO the best college hockey game I've ever seen.  Solid goaltending on both
sides, but again, Tim Thomas turned aside something like 36 shots to keep
Vermont in the game.  The two Colgate goals were both scored by Sophmore Mike
Harder.  In each case there was a 1 on 1 break where he scooted past the
defender, took is time and carefully placed each one past Thomas. The Second
Harder goal was his 100th career point, only the 4th Colgate soph to achieve
this.

Game 3: Colgate 4 Vermont 1
  Colgate upped their physical play and completely dominated the first
25 minutes.  Shots at that point were unofficially 28-3 Colgate.  Vermont
woke up and held Colgate to only about 10 shots the rest of the game, while
putting about 25 attempts on Brenzavich.  A shot off the boards into the
empty Vermont net put it away for Colgate. The win marks the first time
Colgate has ever come back to win a quarterfinal series after losing the
first game.

Stars of the series:
1. Tim Thomas,  UVM (G)- unquestionably
2. Scott Steeves,  Colgate (LW) - scored the 3rd Colgate goal in the 3rd game
        on a nice wrap-around...more importantly, consistantly stole UVM passes,
        and did an all-around excellent job for the weekend.
3. Mike Harder, Colgate (RW) - His patience and control gave Colgate their 2
        goals in the second game.
4. Dan Brenzavich, Colgate (G) - A solid stance throughout.  Colgate's defense
        this weekend made life easy on him for the most part, but when called
        on, he performed.

Wish I had the boxes to post...sorry.  Colgate will play RPI if Princeton wins
against Brown, or Brown if they take the game tonight...Last I heard it was
Princeton 2 Brown 1.