Sender:
From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 11:19:10 -0500
At the moment, we have 28 entries (not including mine, which I will post later
this afternoon, and, no, I didn't look at anybody else's before making my
picks).

A point that needs clarified which I may not have done as well on as I should:
in regards to the overall tiebreaker, I am assuming that the NC$$ Selection
Committee, as it did last year, will shift a couple of teams from East to West
and vice-versa and will simply designate them as seeds in the region of the
country where they were sent.  For example, last year, Mass Lowell was the West
3 seed while Wisconsin was the East 3 seed, even though they obviously came
from the other side of the country.

For the contest's overall tiebreaker, the seeds (and consequently how many
points you get for picking them correctly) are determined by who walks in the
door at Worcester and Madison, not where the NC$$ had them before any shifting
was done.  So independent of whether, for example, Bowling Green started as
the West 4 seed, if they are shifted to Worcester and reseeded as the East 5,
then for the contest points will be awarded based on BG being the East 5 seed.

Having said that, if any of those who have already sent me their entries wish
to change that portion of their entry, please let me know.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 17-7-3, 22-10-3
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?
Director- Contest Central