Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 07:22:35 EST
        The controversy surrounding Tony's remarks brings up an interesting
topic which should perhaps be revisited in a more positive light.

        What ARE the differences in admissions standards between HE and the
ECAC?   I'm not talking about member institutions' historic selectiveness,
but the actual rules for each conference.

        The reason I'm interested is that a certain young man from our area
was successfully recruited by an ECAC institution with which I am very
familiar (too familiar).   I have a rough idea of his academic accomplishments
and therfore I am amazed he got in.   Some of his HS teachers that I know
are equally amazed.   To this particular institution's credit,  however,
he is apparently receiving all the tutoring one could ask for.

        But I'm still amazed that he got in!!!

        -- Dick Tuthill