From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1993 14:53:08 -0500
> This prompted me to wonder what the most shorthanded goals scored
on one two minute minor was, and of course
who did it, against whom, and when.

Harvard's C.J. Young once scored three short-handed goals in one game
against Dartmouth.

If memory serves, it was a natural hat-trick on the same two minute
penalty, though the second and third goals were split over a period break.

Some of this story might be tall tale elaboration, but I believe the facts are
essentially correct.

This also brings up a related question: the most PP goals scored on a five
minute advantage.  In a game at Snively a few years ago, I saw UNH
score three times on a five minute advantage (and ring the post in the
closing seconds of it as well) against BU.  This was part of a 6 or 7 goal
comeback by UNH.  (Warning note to HE goalies: the mean number of
goals in HE games I've seen is 15.)

Greg
About to be snowbound in Somerville
Let's Go Red!