From:
Charlie Slavin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charlie Slavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 12:39:04 EDT
John Haeussler writes

> As was mentioned earlier, Wisconsin's Barry Richter has signed with
> the Hartford Whalers.

> Also this week, Maine's Mike Dunham and LSSU's Brian Rolston signed
> multi-year contracts with the New Jersey Devils.  Dunham would be a
> senior and Rolston a junior this season.  Both are members of the
> 1994 U.S. Olympic Team.

I missed the note about Richter, but there was an article about Rolston
and Dunham (who early last year announced that he had no intention of
playing his senior year at Maine) in today's paper.

What I thought was most interesting is that the contracts Dunham and
Rolston signed with NJ says that they can play with the US Olympic
team if the *don't* make the Devils squad.  That could lead to all
sorts of scenarios come next winter.  Interesting.

With best wishes,

Charlie Slavin              [log in to unmask] or Slavin@Maine
Adminstrator for OlymPuck - The Olympic Ice Hockey Discussion List
Department of Mathematics
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5752
USA