Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 22:48:00 EDT
                Having seen the articles about the twins I feel I can respond
with some quality insider information that I hope the readers will enjoy.  I
grew up playing hockey on Long Island with Chris and Peter.  I played with them
when they were mites and later was fortunate enough to play with them during
the Empire State Games.  I can recall that the tryout for the Empire games was
a 2 day tryout which consisted of all scrimmage.  I was fortunate enough to
pair up with Harvard's Lou Body and therefore our line looked pretty impressive.

Anyway, a lot of parents were skeptical because the twins had missed the first
tryout.  Some parents were questioning their talent and thought it was bullshit
that their little Johnny had to show up for both tryouts and the twins were
exempt.  So, Peter and Chris showed up for tryout number two and proceeded to
put on a show that I will never forget.  They each scored about 6 goals and
left everyone in the arena baffled.
                During the games we lost only to the central region where Mike
Dunham played a spectacular game.  He was like an octopus and we just could not
seem to beat him.  Anyway, spending time with Chris and Peter I found out they
were extremely polite and did not gloat or brag about their talent in any way.

  I played the last game on their line and it was a treat.  All I had to do was
get them the puck and stay out of their way.  I had two assists and Long Island
won their first gold medal in a game and round robin tournament I will never
forget.
                The Ferraro twins are the pride of Long Island hockey.  Canada,
Mass., Minnesota, Michigan can all boast about their superstars but now the
Island is on the map with the powerful twins.  Most fans see the twins as just
another couple of stars.  These two busted their ass to find quality hockey
because L.I. high school hockey is suspect at best!  I mean the kind of
dedication that found them at countless hockey camps and even flying by
helicopter to practices in different states.  This is the
type of dedication that produced the awesome play the twins display every time
they hit the ice.  Hard work and religous like practice produced their
greatness and they deserve all the accolades they receive and more.
                Anyway, all you Maine fans better be proud to have the Ferraros
because they are the best thing to happen to Long Island Hockey since the Isles

won four cups in a row!