From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 11:06:29 CDT
Carol posted the list of incoming Gophers:

> Here are the incoming Gophers and the Minnesota cities/high schools they are
> leaving behind:
>
> Brian Bonin                  White Bear Lake
> Jesse Bertogliat             Cloquet
> Jeff Moen                    Roseville
> Bobby Dustin                 Roseville
> Dan Trebil                   Bloomington-Jefferson
> Mike McAlpine                South St. Paul
> Charlie Wasley               Edina
> Greg Zwackman                ????????
>
> Two notes on these incoming Gophers. Mike McAlpine is the cousin of current
> Gopher defenseman Chris McAlpine. Charlie Wasley appeared in the movie
> "Youngblood" as the young Dean Youngblood, in the very beginning of the film
> which looks like a home movie.
>
> Carol
> U of M

I can add that Zwackman is also from Edina.  Bonin, Bertogliat and Dustin
are forwards.  Moen is a goalie, and the last four are all defensemen.

In addition, the papers report that the North Stars are VERY close to signing
junior forward Trent Klatt.  We'll sure miss him, but that would open up
another scholarship.  It was reported in the Star-Tribune this weekend
that the Gophers are still interested in a couple players.

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!