From:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:44:47 -0500
Yeah, I guess I didn't fully explore just how volatile the ECAC teams are.
 I suspect it has to do with playing relatively few games against TUCs and
Common Opponents, playing 2 games against TUCs can flip several
comparisons while teams from the WCHA & HE are less impacted since many of
'em have played around 20 games against TUCs and 2 more games neither
helps nor hurts that much.

Probably the bottom line is that there's no way for 4 ECAC teams to play
their way into the big dance.  SOMEONE will have to go 0-2 (or two teams
will go 0-1-1) against TUCs and that will be costly enough to RPI and TUC
record.

Still the most wonderful day of the year...

Mike