From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:02:48 -0400
I took a look at the seating chart that was linked to in the 2010 ordering
process.  I then compared it to a picture of the basketball configuration used
at Ford Field.  It looks like the same temporary stands configuration along
the sides will be used.  The temporary stands at the end will not be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FordField-2008NCAAtournament-
MidwestRegional.jpg

For reference, a standard NBA and NCAA basketball court is 94 feet by 50
feet.  If the seating chart is accurate in perspective, meaning the relative size
of and jogs in the temporary stands, then the rink will probably be close to
the stands.  That would imply the relative size of the hockey rink graphic on
the seating chart would be wrong, probably sized against a basketball
graphic in what ever seating chart was created for that.  For comparsion,
here are basketball configuration charts:

http://www.gotickets.com/seating_charts/basketball/ford_field.php

http://www.sportstravel.com/venues/ford-field-basketball.php

The upper two-thirds of the upper bowl will not be used.  The lower priced
tickets start with the last section of temporary stands on each side on each
end and goes around the bowl section.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson