From:
Mary Beth MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:37:24 -0400
Ft. Wayne completely on par IMHO with Worcester -- both completely outdated
buildings surrounded by absolutely nothing to do (for families, not lonely
truckers) and no where to stay that doesn't charge room rates by the hour.

Notre Dame and Ft. Wayne put up the bond guaranteeing the NC$$ the income of
a base line gate.

I consider it a commitment from the University of Notre Dame to its ice
hockey program that it decided to put up the revenue to sponsor the regional
and potentially get home ice advantage.

Keep in mind the 2010 FF is already in Michigan, so Fort Wayne makes sense
for a Mid West Regional.  Where else would they put it?

St. Louis seems more of the concern to me for attendance than Fort Wayne.