From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:11:00 -0500
Mamie Anthoine Ney wrote:
> I started going to Notre Dame hockey games in '71.  They were using the
> chant then, but only when  the goalie allowed several goals.  When I
> went to the UNH game last weekend, they used it after every goal.  Also,
> each time the announcers said that there was one minute left in the
> period, the crowd all said, "Thank you!."

We don't use "sieve" at all at ND, aside from the very occasional
"Goalie-Sieve" chant.  After a goal, we do 5x the goalie's last name, 1x
"you suck" or "you're bad", 5x "it's all your fault", 1x "loser".

Somebody usually calls out at 1:05 left, "How much time is left in the
period?", and then the crowd says "Thank you!" when the PA announcer
announces it.

When I was at NU, we used "Sieve" after goals, following the fight song.