From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:04:26 -0400
I believe each league has the choice on how to award the autobid.
However, all the hockey conferences opt to have the money making(?)
end of the season conference tournament. I think a conference can
decide to forego the conference tourney and give the bid to the RS
wiinner.

In basketball, the Ivy League is the only one to award the autobid to
the regular season conference champion. However, there are rumblings
that the powers that be in IVY athletics are considering a squeakball
tourney (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/seth_davis/
02/22/hoop.thoughts/index.html). Egads!

Rita-Ann Monde
Trinity College 1991