From:
"Boyle, Nathan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boyle, Nathan
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:31:00 -0500
*dusts off old Hockey-L account
*sends message again because he replied to one person not the list*

I think the main point in this, is that you may not have a 6th seed win, but
you may have one knock off a 1 or 2 seed, and that opens the entire tourney
wide open to a wider number of teams. In that, I think there is every point
in having 16 teams.  Then you have to factor in the value of teams and
programs gaining experience by just being in the tourney.  That is what
helps programs build, and keeps things meaningful in the sport.  If only the
UND, MSU, and UMs of the world get to play in the title game, it hurts the
sport in general.

So concludes my first post on Hockey-L in four or more years.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
"Dominor Auctor Bellum Falcos"
Transportation Management Team,
World Headquarters