From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:12:31 -0500
On Nov 18, 16:19, Edward N. Moller wrote:
>The Star Spangled Banner was not officially designated as the U.S. national
>anthem until 1931.  I don't know what the anthem was at the time.

Not to veer even more off-topic, but... there was no official U.S. national
anthem prior to 1931, though the Star Spangled Banner was by far the foremost
patriotic song in the U.S. almost since it was written.

ObCollegeHockey Obscure Stat (been forgetting to sneak this one in):  As
mentioned on USCHO and other forums, last Friday the 13th was a disaster for
several ranked teams.  Conversely, Cornell skated to a 7-2 win over Harvard on
11/13 and ran its record in Friday the 13th games to 9-1 in the "modern era"
(which began in 1957 with the opening of Lynah Rink... there was no Big Red
hockey team for the nine years prior to that).  Unfortunately for Cornell,
there are no more Friday the 13th games on this year's schedule...

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"This can't be right.  Terry Felton started the game, and now they've got him
 relieving himself on the mound."
-- Fred White, Kansas City Royals radio announcer, on a wire-service report
   that erroneously listed the same pitcher starting and coming in from the
   bullpen