From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:42:07 -0600
This is from my post on USCHO.  Please read on.....

It looks like we got the attention of the people at Sports Byline USA.
Last night, on Sports Overnight America (1am-6am Eastern Time), host David
Brody spent about half the time asking people whether or not people cared
about College Hockey. This was in response to an e-mail from a fan on
this board. He asked people to vote Yes or No for College Hockey. When
I finally turned off the radio and went to sleep, the count was 20 Against
and 16 For. Brody expected everyone to vote no (and there were a lot of
smart remarks from roundball country), but I think that he was shocked
at the number of people that supported our game. It was great; Brody was
trying to bash our sport, but instead wound up promoting it. But I think
that we can do better.

Here is my little plan: We are going to flood the good folks at Sports
Byline with e-mails saying why we love College Hockey and why we think that it
deserves at least SOME coverage. Ron Barr is the main guy at this company.
His show runs from 10pm-1am Eastern Time on over 300 affiliates across the
country. You can also listen to them on AudioNet. All of the details are
available on their awesome web site. The address is:

http://www.sportsbyline.com

Ron Barr's e-mail address is: [log in to unmask]

A few tips: Ron likes fans that are articulate and well-spoken, so don't
get too emotional and upset. Also, there are fans of "VitaleBall" that
will trash you and make cute little remarks. Ignore them, they're lost causes
anyway. Just tell them why you love this game and why you think it
deserves more coverage. I hope that some people answer my call. Good luck
everyone!!!

Brian.
(GO SIOUX, NEXT YEAR!!!)

My Official Web Site: http://members.tripod.com/~unvarnished_truth/