From:
"Cutler, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cutler, Ken
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 15:44:26 U
Message Body (5 lines)
I always enjoy the unsupported assertion that "clearly the bottom of the ECAC would beat the bottom of the other conferences."  That relatively unknowable and unprovable proposition is great to assert because unless we have a tournament for the worst teams it can't be proven.  But, I doubt too many ECAC teams would find teams like Denver a pushover.  In any event it is arguments about relative strengths and conference bashing that makes for off-season hockey arguments (we're nearly there.)  I for one would never want to see the number of ECAC bids reduced because the NCAA is a reward for a good season or good finish if you win the conference playoff.  Besides it helps prove what recent history has shown.