From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:08:22 -0500
This was a fabulous defensive effort by CC. The goals they scored were
because they capitalized off of Clarkson turnovers and from good, solid
forechecking and just incredible defense.

It seemed that every time Clarkson mustered up some offense (either a
rush into the offensive zone or setting up on a power play), CC almost
never let them get a quality shot on goal. It didn't seem right that Cugnet
had 30 saves, since most of them really weren't high-quality shots. This
is not a shot against Cugnet, rather a praise for the CC defense. I think
CC had 8 men out there....:)

Clarkson was clearly getting frustrated near the end, but I was impressed
that they kept some composure (for the most part).

Once again, though, the Golden Knights can not win when it counts. Since
their run in the 1991 tournament (beating Wisconsin & Lake Superior in 3-game
series), they are 1-5 in tournament games - they missed the tourney in 1994
and went 1-1 in 1996 (beating Western Michigan & losing to BU).

[cut and paste statement made one year ago]

Clarkson will not get the national recognition they deserve unless they can
take the next step and start winning in the NCAAs.

[back to 1998]

The BC-CC game will be interesting with BC's speed and CC's defense. This
will be the first time I've seen BC this year, but from what I've heard, it
should
be a fun game.

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam  '93