From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:38:31 -0400
After enduring endless attempted explanations, none of which made sense
or were consistent with the NCAA blackout policy, I found myself blacked
out of all NCAA regional coverage last year ... this year, as I understood
it, I couldn't get pay-per-view on Primestar.  I still get MSC, however,
so why should that be blacked out, right? I called MSC and Primestar
today and was told that it wouldn't be -- but it was, of course.  I
actually called the MSC program director at home (serves him right for
leaving his name on the station answering machinge) and he had no idea
why MSC would be blacked out in Boston on Primestar.  Primestar could
only tell me that the signal was being blacked out on all mini-dish
systems, but not C-band -- so the PPV blackout covered people who
couldn't get PPV.  I can't wait until the semifinals so that I can
bitch to every NCAA official that I see.

-Geoff