From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:35:29 -0500
I tried my best to be clear with the instructions for the
2 NCAA pools but there are still some misunderstandings occurring.

The most common misunderstanding seems to be with the total goals
section of the tiebreaker.

For pool#1, the tiebreaker is the total number of goals scored by both
teams in the tournament. In other words, the total number of goals
scored in all 11 games.

For pool#2, two of the tiebreakers are the total number of goals scored
by the winning teams in the tournament and the total number of goals
scored by the losing team in the tournament. To get these two numbers,
you should predict a score for each game. Then, sum up the goals
scored by the team that won each of the 11 games. That gives you the
first number. Then, sum up the goals scored by the team that lost
each of the 11 games. That gives tyou the second number.

Some people have not sent me any numbers for the tiebreakers. Rather
than throw the entries out, I have done the following.

If you predicted a winner of each game (as required for pool#1)
and left out the total goals, I put down a zero for the total goals.
If you predicted a winner for each game and a goal differential
but left out the tiebreakers, I entered a zero for the number
of OT games, number of goals scored by winning team and number of
goals scored by the losing team.

I just spent the last 2 hours e-mailing people whose entries looked
like they had errors. As long as I hear back from them before Friday noon,
I will update their entries. As we get closer to Friday, I will not have
time to do that. I will not accept any updates after noon Friday
so please get your entry to me as early as possible.