Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:20:53 EST
[log in to unmask] wrote:

<<they appear to be ones (officiating errors) of competence.>>

Serious question....have you ever officiated hockey....or any sport for that
matter?

<< He misses a tying Cornell goal.  I am
convinced of it now.  >>

Let me get this straight....it took you over 24 hours to be "convinced" of it
but there is no excuse for a human not unlike you to miss the call in a
fraction of a seconds time to see it happen?? Do not read me wrong here...I do
not mean to attack...but think about it.

 <<But I think Laing would have won it for the Engineers anyway.>>

Bingo. But then why the sour grapes?

<<Move to Sunday.  Gross errors.  The winning Cornell goal was deflected by
a high stick.  Tonight's Fox23 replay uses a different angle and clearly
shows Kovack raising his stick in front of him, about a foot above the
shoulder.  The puck can be seen riccocheting off the stick blade past
Laing.  Laing never moved, and on the basis of the replay, you can see
why.>>

Man...it would be nice if those refs could wire their brains up to instant
reply playing right in their head so they would gave the same benefit of all
the perfect humans out there.

<<Fox23 also shows a replay of the third Cornell goal.  Laing gets pushed
into the side of the net, momentarily stunned, by a Cornell player.>>

Ditto...and again asking...have you ever tried it from ice level? Skating your
ass off without a break? Watching a close interference and a maybe high stick
while making sure the line change goes smooth and trying to see a small black
disc bouncing from stick to player skate to goalpost...er...oh...where did it
go??...was that in?...huff-puff...oh there it is....whew...

My point is I will allow errors in officiating...even from the likes of Robin
Anderson...for as long as human beings are imperfect. But you better believe
as soon as humans become perfect....thats it!!! No more excuses!!!

And no...... I have never officiated hockey either....

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Choose.html