From:
"Brett C. Harvey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett C. Harvey
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:16:26 -0600
Eric J. Burton writes:

>        The gophers are going to have to do what other teams do, recruit
>a goalie. To back up Erik Day.

To backup Erik Day?  They have Willy Marvin, sophomore goalie right now to
"backup" Erik Day, Freshman.   The gophers have also already recruited Adam
Hauser of Coloraine, who is considered on of the best goaltenders in the
nation.  Hauser currently plays for the US National Under-18 Team.

So, the gophers will again have 3 goalies with Steve DeBus graduating this
year.

Btw, even Steve Debus is quoted as saying he's let some "soft" goals in.
See http://www.startribune.com/cgi-bin/stOnLine/article?thisStory=45509524
for the full story.

 Here's the snipet -- "I'm frustrated because I've given up a goal or made
a mistake or not come up with a rebound," DeBus said. "I think these guys
deserve better. I've messed up every single time. These guys are working
way too hard for this to happen. I need to put a complete game together."

St Cloud is up next for the gophers... it outta be fun!

Brett