From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:37:20 +0000
At 12:15 PM 1/16/97 PST, Lerch,Chris wrote:
>I got this News Release the other day from the NCAA:
>
>OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS ---Festivities surrounding the 1997 Division I
> Ice Hockey Championship include the announcement of a 50th Anniversary
> Team by the NCAA Division I Ice Hockey Committee.

I wonder if the list of participants is only from the championship game
itself as opposed to the whole tournament. I notice Adam Oates listed
for RPI from the 84-85 national championship team. But in the semi-finals
RPI had to go into several overtimes to beat an excellent Minnesota-Duluth
team with a feisty freshman forward by the name of Brett Hull. If my memory
serves me correctly, the Hobey winner that year was from UMD also. Yet,
strangely enough, no UMD players appear on the list.