From:
Shari Durdin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shari Durdin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 15:01:54 -0600
I think the Friday night UMinn/CC game is a definite candidate for "Best Game Ever".
Wow... Even watching it from home, I was incredibly impressed with the level of
play, the intesity, the refs from start to finish. Unfortunately, we had tix to the Saturday
game, which was a good game, but a bit of a let-down from Friday night.

Something happened Saturday as we were entering the game that really boosted
my faith in human nature. There were a bunch of scalpers buying/selling tickets
around the arena. As we were walking in the front doors, I saw a guy holding up a ticket.
When he got close to the door he was yelling out, "Did somebody drop a ticket?"
He repeated himself a number of times, and upon entering the main entrance, called
out again. Almost immediately a woman frantically ran up to him and said she had
indeed dropped a ticket. She was there with a little girl, about 10 yrs old, and had
dropped in when walking up the sidewalk. She thanked him profusely, and he just
said, "no problem", and went on his way.