From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 11:59:29 -0500
On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Reed H Munson wrote:

> The only way to prove HE is the best league is to account for the number
> of players from that division that have gone onto the pros.

I don't necessarily agree with this.

With all due respect to the HE, I can't say that they have the best
conference. For years, the western teams have dominated (for lack of
a better word) the NCAA tournaments. It's only been in the past 7-8
years that the eastern teams have showed that they can be powers.

Granted, I wouldn't want to play against BU, Maine, UNH, etc, but
those three teams are the only ones I would be intimidated by. Again,
nothing against BC, Merrimack, Northeastern, and the rest. I've seen
heavy competition among EVERY ECAC team in the past three years. The
league hasn't received the attention because nobody has made it past
the first round of the NCAAs.

I can look at each league and say that there are at least 5 teams
that could reach the NCAAs. You could have one league that has
remarkable talent on each team, but that doesn't mean that league
is the best of the four.

I would say that to determine the "best league", you have to look at
a combination of factors. Talent, competition, coaching, and many
others. Without trying to consider those factors, I can't even say
that one league is "better" than another. (Of course, I don't get to
see many teams outside the ECAC...) :-)

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
+                                                                     +
+  Andy Weise           Let's Go Tech!                                +
+  SUNY Potsdam '93                     [log in to unmask]       +
+  Union College '95    Let's Go U!                                   +
+  Performance Systems International, Inc. (PSI)                      +
+  "If you think nobody cares you're alive, try missing a couple of   +
+   car payments."                                                    +