From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:07:32 -0100
This is an administrative message sent to both HOCKEY-L and INFO-HOCKEY-L
since it concerns both and because many INFO-HOCKEY-L readers are not on
HOCKEY-L.  I apologize to people on both lists and on HOCKEY-D who will see
this twice.

I was asked to make the following request:

1) When you post a game summary or thoughts to one of the lists, PLEASE
include the score of the game and the teams involved.  The date the game
was played is helpful, too.  Even if you choose not to include the score in
the header, you should include a line at the top such as

COMMENTS ON 10/28/95 BOSTON UNIVERSITY 5, VERMONT 4

or if you are posting a recap,

RECAP OF 10/28/95 BOSTON UNIVERSITY 5, VERMONT 4

Basically, it should be easy for readers to determine quickly which game
you are referring to.  This is especially important when teams play a
weekend series and we don't know which game you are talking about.

Additional admin requests:

2) Some people are still posting information to HOCKEY-L that should be
sent to INFO-HOCKEY-L.  Suitable items for INFO-HOCKEY-L include boxes,
scores, and game recaps, given that the post consists largely of
information (some opinion is okay in such posts).  Remember that
INFO-HOCKEY-L-only readers do not see your post if it is sent to HOCKEY-L.
See the HOCKEY-L WELCOME or INFO-HOCKEY-L WELCOME for more details on what
is acceptable for INFO-HOCKEY-L, and send any questions or comments to me.

3) HOCKEY-L only:  When replying to a message, include ONLY the portions of
the message you are replying to that are directly relevant to your
comments.  Remember that people have already seen the original message.  In
many cases, it is not necessary to include anything at all.  You should
rarely include an entire message, and you should ALWAYS cut out things like
large signatures, headers, and the line that says,

>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

This note is not relevant for INFO-HOCKEY-L since replies on that list are
almost always not acceptable.  Discussion of posts to INFO-HOCKEY-L must
take place on HOCKEY-L.

Thank you!

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93