From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 17:04:54 -0600
On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Mike Machnik wrote:

  One, if the ECAC continued to play 2 games vs each opponent,
> that gives teams 2x13=26 games, probably too many for the Ivies.  And two,
> since neither of the two other Ivies (Penn & Columbia) seem close to
> elevating hockey to the ECAC I level, that would mean an imbalance of 8
> non-Ivies vs 6 Ivies - something I'm not sure the Ivies would agree to.

I've mentioned this before but not this season :-)  Perhaps it is time
for the Ivies to go off into the corner and be by themselves with their
holier than thou attitude.  IMO (no H here since I'm addressing this
topic) the HE/ECAC split was caused by just this issue of number of games
played.  The Ivies are the tail that wags the dog.  The operative rule
should be NC$$ guidelines.  The travel issue for Niagara is another topic
entirely, but if the Ivies want their own rules, let them play in their
own league.

I'm even more fed up than I sound.

Arthur Berman BU'74, Harvard '90