Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 15:36:09 -0600
After I got home from the Gopher game, I managed to catch the third
period of this game on Prime. Since I missed the first two periods,
my report will naturally be a little incomplete.

But then, almost all of the action, as far as I could tell, was in
the third period. The frame started with the teams deadlocked at 1-1.

From what I could tell, it looked like Denver had the strength and
momentum throughout the game. They were the ones applying all of the
offensive pressure, while most of the time Ohio State was trying to
keep them from scoring. Most of the play was in the Ohio State
defensive zone, with an occasional flurry out in the neutral zone.

So why was the score, and the game, so close? Ohio State did a great
job of capitalizing on the mistakes that Denver made. Just one weak
pass in the Denver defensive zone, on a moving play toward the OSU
goal, and there was a goal, OSU up 3-2.

But Denver did dominate the play of the game, and so it was only
natural and fair that they should eventually win it. I was hoping for
a tie, and then a chance to see a shootout (I still haven't seen one
yet this year) to decide this game.

Tonight's matchup of Brown and Denver should be interesting, and a
test for both teams. how good is Brown? How well will they capitalize
on Denver's mistakes? Did the easier match in the first round (sorry,
Air Force) give an advantage to them, or Denver's tenacious play
swing the momentum to their side? I look forward to it!

                                                Lee-nerd

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent." --Isaac Asimov