From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 91 12:35:12 EST
 1. I believe that if the Union-RPI game goes into an OT which lasts more than
    five minutes, the game will go into the books as a tie for both teams - but
    they will continue to play to determine a winner since it is a tournament.
    I recall this happening sometime within the past five years or so in
    another DivI game that was slated to count as a conference game, although
    at that time OTs were ten minutes long.

 2. I have watched all of the championship games on tv since 1985 (and have them
    all on tape), and I thought 1991 was the best.  So there. :-)  But 1989 is
    a very close second.  Perhaps my opinion would be different if I had seen
    the games in person, I don't know.  NMU-BU will be replayed tomorrow (Thur)
    afternoon on ESPN from 1:30 to 3:30 (times EST), so I guess they will be
    cutting quite a bit out of the game; probably all of the intermissions will
    get chopped (not much of a loss), along with some of the first/second OTs.

 3. (I lied).  I guess no one was fooled by my April Fool's posting entitled,
    "NCAA to strip NMU of national championship??"  Oh well.  Either that or it
    never got out.  Hey, it could have happened.  And the clue that it was a
    hoax was right in the posting, but no one replied.  That's probably what I
    deserved anyway.

    - mike