From:
JEFF OLD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 00:53:32 -0500
>How many minutes has Lacher gone without allowing a goal?  Obviously
>at least 240 (4 x 60).... according to the 89-90 College Hockey Record
>Manuel, the record was set in 1953-54 when North Dakota's Gerard
>(or George as he was listed elsewhere) Schultz racked up 249:40 of
>shutout hockey.  It does sound like Lacker is the new record holder;
>if anyone can post his new record, please do...

According to my parents, who were at the game, Lacher received a standing
ovation after 10 minutes and 40 seconds of play for breaking the NCAA record.
If the old record was 249:40, that makes Lacher's record 299 minutes even,
and counting.  My info is unofficial and may be corrected later, but it is
as close to the mark that I know at this time.

Not to belittle Lacher's accomplishments or anything, but it doesn't sound
as if he was overwhelmed with work this weekend as the Laker's outshot
OSU 53-7 on Saturday night.  Again that's unofficial, but it gives you an
idea about how the Lakers are playing now.

On another topic, there was a comment today that said LSSU gets very little
coverage on hockey-l or anywhere else.  Hopefully that will be changing within
the next few years.  When I was home on Spring break I was in the Lake State
library and ran into a librarian who I know quite well.  We got talking about
all the things I can do with my internet account at school and she was
embarrased that LSSU does not have internet easily available to students.
She did say, however, that MANY people are pushing to make internet generally
available to students and it sounded as if it would become a reality within
the relatively near future.  If that happens hockey-l may get more LSSU posts
than it knows what to do with!

Jeff Old
Alma College '96

Go Lakers!!!!!

P.S.  I will be in Detroit this weekend, but unfortunately I will be touring
      with the Alma College Symphony Band.  At least I will be staying at the
      Westin Hotel, so maybe I can hop on the people mover and catch a couple
      of games.