Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 09:17:10 -0500
7bit
From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/

The difference has been that they decided to enforce the rules, and actually
stuck to it this time (as opposed to the usual heavy enforcement in October
and gradual return to the old ways by January). The big change has been that
the whistles stay out late in the game.

I figure if you're going to do 4-on-4, you should go all the way - like
minor hockey tournaments -  and follow it up with 3-on-3, 2-on-2 and 1-on-1.

I really think that the NCAA needs to call the game like they are supposed
to be called if you take your hand off a stick to hold up the opponent
it should be called, the NHL is doing this and its the best hockey I have
ever seen. This is why Calgary had such a hard time playing this season
because they didn't adapt to the new rules. If your team can't skate you
should not win. Period.