Sender:
From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 22:44:47 -0500
UNO gets its first CCHA win ever as they storm past the Tarnished Domers of
Notre Dame by a final of 5-3.

White and Bencurik scored in the first for UNO, Jurkowski and Frazier scored
for Notre Dame in the 1st. Fohr and Brisson score in the 2nd to give UNO a
4-2 lead. Inman (Enman?) cut the lead to 4-3, but Captain Edwards scored in
the 3rd for UNO to finish the scoring at 5-3.

With the win, UNO moves out of the CCHA cellar past Ohio State and into a 3
way tie for 9th with Fairbanks and Notre Shame (Fairbanks still has to play
tonight). UNO improves to 1-3-2 on the year.

Up next, Western Michigan next weekend at the Bullpen for UNO's only
extended homestand on the year. This should be a bigger test than it looked
before the season started, but UNO's riding the momentum of a 3 game
unbeaten streak.
===============================
      Ben Flickinger
-------------------------------
E-Mail:    [log in to unmask]
AOL Instant Messenger: CWSOmaha
ICQ #: 2198228
Sports Editor of the North Star - Student Paper of Omaha North High School.
To all the CCHA teams, UNO welcomes you to the Bullpen. Now get ready to lose.
Everyone can have a bad century or two. Cubbies are gonna rule the 21st Century.
QOTW: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an
uncle or an aunt." (1982 - Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball
player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice)