Sender:
From:
Ed Ridolfi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:55:58 -0500
I saw UVM beat Princeton at Baker in January.  UVM played fast solid hockey
for most of the game (especially last part of the 2nd period and all of the
3rd.)  They were very vulnerable to the Tigers neutral zone trap which kept
Perrin & St Louis out of the zone in the early going.  But they adjusted and
scored.

Also, Thomas was a wall in goal.  I left that game wondering if anyone could
beat UVM.  I haven't seen UVM since then but from what I can determine from
the radio broadcasts of the last 4 games v. P'ton, they've slipped.

Adam Woodon mentioned, on the air, that Princeton seems to have the ability
to agitate the French Connection line.  Tony Ranaldi & JP O'Connor love to
play that "hit you hard and stare you in the face" game.  That and some
looser goal tending
are the biggest differences I have noticed in UVM's play v. P'ton since
January.

I can't agree with their current ranking.  They're good but not as good as
they were earlier in the season (when they were ranked poorly.)

GO TIGERS!
my .02