Sender:
From:
"G.M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 10:14:00 EST
As a faithful reader of McPaper, I read Carol Singer's comments with interest.
Congratulate McPaper on their coverage of college hockey?  You've got to be
kidding!  If it wasn't for the problems with Maine, USA Today would barely know
college hockey existed.  Compared with the five or six pages of coverage they
give to that "other" tournament, the (usually) 1/4 page article every other
day or so is crap!  And when's the last time the USA Today, during the regular
season, EVER printed the standings in any of the four major conferences?  But
I can get AHL, IHL, ECHL standings at least once a week and the standings in
"orange ball" conferences like the ECC and the TAAC every other week.

Don't get me wrong.  For the most part I enjoy reading USA Today (well, the
Sports section).  They probably do a better job on the four major sports than
anybody (considering that The Sporting News doesn't give box scores anymore
except for the NFL).  But their coverage of college hockey, to be quite blunt,
is S-H-*-T!!!!

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University (hey, it's sunny today!  Ah, it won't last.)
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?