Sender:
From:
Jim Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 18:28:00 -0800
It was interesting to hear that coach Walsh considered the much discussed
BU Maine game to be the most exiciting game he's ever been a part of
because one of the most exciting games I ever saw was between Maine and
Wisconsin.  It was the Badger Showdown and Maine came into the game
ranked first in the nation.  I sat right behind the Badger goal as Dwayne
Derksen fended off a seemingly endless fury of shots from the vaunted
Maine offense to get the win.  Ahhh, excuse the reminiscing.

It seems somehow appropriate that it will come down to the Wisconsin
Minnesota game to shake things out in the WCHA.  It wasn't surprising to
see that Shier and Moore were leading the Badger offense but I am
wondering what has been up with Jason Zent.  He was a highly praised
freshman and his penalty minutes seemed to be something that could get
worked out with experience.  As I'm no longer in Madison, news on the
Badgers is a bit scarce so if anyone could pass some along it would be
greatly appreciated.