Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:30:02 -0500
Tuschen, Terry wrote:

> I agree.  Its nice to see a touted recruit blow off the Gophers and come
> to UW.

Actually, over the last couple of years, there have been a number of top
recruits that have left Minnesota for parts elsewhere.  Toby Peterson
and Matt Cullen among others can't hold the old motivational grudge that
they went elsewhere because they were spurned by the Gophers.  Granted,
Woog still gets a very high percentage of those he wants, but it isn't
as easy as it was for almost a decade.  I, for one, find this makes the
whole game more interesting.

Now, if only it would develop to the point where Minnesota has to drop
its affirmative action program for in-state high school hockey
players. . .

J. Michael Neal