From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 90 19:38:02 EST
    I'd like to ask a favor of the list for this weekend.  (fade in
    "Godfather" music...)

    You see, Merrimack is hosting Western Michigan this coming Friday
    and Saturday, and both games will be on the radio.  It looks as
    if I will be going on in between periods one or both nights to
    talk about what's going on around the rest of the country.  Since
    it's impossible to get the scores from the rest of the leagues'
    Friday games here by Saturday (especially the Western teams),
    I was wondering if anyone could quickly type in the scores from
    your leagues and send them off to me as early as possible on
    Saturday (or Friday night).  No details/standings are necessary,
    but they'll certainly be welcome; abbreviations (e.g. BG 19 MSU 1)
    are fine and I already know the home teams.

    In fact, if you want to send me what you have from all across
    Div. I, that would be great in case you might have a score from
    outside your league (like an independent) that no one else has.

    If you won't be able to do it, that's ok, I don't expect anyone to
    rush into work just to do this.  But any help I could get would be
    greatly appreciated.  Maybe you'll even get some publicity here in
    Eastern Massachusetts.  That would instantly make you more popular
    in this state than Mike Dukakis.

    Please send your messages to both of these addresses:

    I don't want the list to be flooded with zillions of scores
    of the same game over and over, so if you can't get mail to
    the above addresses, please *don't* send it to the list instead.
    If anyone needs similar info from out this way, let me know
    and Saturday I can send you details of what happened Friday.

    I apologize for the lateness in this request, but I just
    thought of it.  Again, thanks for any help you can provide.
    Happy Halloween.

    - mike