MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:04:18 +0000
The Maine State Library is putting together resources to help public libraries and linking to information at WebJunction.
MSL - http://www.maine.gov/msl/digital/health.shtml
WebJunction- http://webjunction.org/explore-topics/ehealth/more-info.html

Today I am attending a Health Policy Colloquia that will be discussing the ACA from a state perspective.
Last week two organizations in Maine were selected to provide "Navigators" for Maine citizens.
Navigators will serve as an in-person resource for Americans who want additional assistance in shopping for and enrolling in plans in the Health Insurance Marketplace this fall.
These organizations will be providing people assistance in enrolling.
I have reached out to the Western Maine Community Action and the Fishing Partnership and will communicate via MELIBS, MEINFO and the MSL website information as soon as I obtain it.

Western Maine Community Action
Anticipated grant amount: $475,000
Western Maine Community Action, Inc. is a private non-profit community agency and is the lead for a state-wide consortium of eight community action agencies, collectively referred to as the WMCA Community Action Navigator Consortium. Funds will be used to create a statewide network of education, outreach and enrollment assistance available and accessible to every uninsured and under-insured individual in Maine.

Fishing Partnership Health Plan
Anticipated grant amount: $66,846
Fishing Partnership Health Plan (FPHP) is a health plan developed that provides subsidized coverage to uninsured commercial fisherman, many of whom operate as small business owners or employees. FPHP, in collaboration with the Maine Lobstermen's Association, will undertake a series of community health navigation activities, including: outreach; social marketing; distribution of material describing the program, the Affordable Care Act, and the health insurance enrollment process.

I'll keep you all posted!
Janet

Janet McKenney
Director of Library Development