MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:09:06 +0000
The House voted, 114-34, and the Senate voted, 26-10, to override the budget veto and prevented the first government shutdown since 1991,
and we do have $25,000 more in the state budget to support van delivery among public libraries.

Secondly, the income tax check off fund amount available for public library use is $14,104.
This is after the Revenue Services fee of $12,000 which by law had to be paid for including the Maine Public Libraries Fund on the state income tax CP form.
Next year that fee will be only (!) $2,000.    If we can raise the same amount next year we will have over $20,000 to help support the state's public libraries.

I will meet with Janet, Stephanie and Valerie to discuss options and then with the Tri-District Board for their suggestions.  I will, of course, keep you posted.
I am off to ALA tomorrow but will be back in the office July 8.

I14-34, and the Senate voted, 26-10, to override veto and prevent first government shutdown since 1991.

Linda H. Lord
Maine State Librarian
Maine State Library
64 State House Station