MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:04:07 +0000
I am forwarding the message below from the Pew Foundation.  The survey link is  in the 8th line below and the login is your email address plus the password PEWLIBS. The deadline is Sunday; I just received this message today. If you can make time for this survey during this very demanding time of year, thank you!

The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project is in the midst of a multi-year study (http://libraries.pewinternet.org/2011/10/17/press-release/) exploring the changing role of libraries in the digital age, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The Pew Internet & American Life Project current phase of research explores the experiences and expectations of library users—how they use their libraries, what services they utilize the most, and what resources they wish their libraries offered. We’ve already completed a nationally representative phone survey of Americans 16 and older about their library habits, but we are also fielding a purely qualitative online questionnaire targeted at library staff members in order to provide more context about how libraries make decisions about services and programming.

This questionnaire is for any and all staff members at public libraries. It briefly discusses various types of services and resources, and invites you to share your thoughts about the current (and future) state of libraries. The questionnaire is available at:

 http://libraries.pewinternet.org/participate/survey/library-services (http://libraries.pewinternet.org/participate/survey/library-services)

 To log in, please use your preferred email address as your username; the password is PEWLIBS.

 Depending on the length of your answers, the survey should take about 10-20 minutes to complete; please feel free to skip any questions that you do not feel able to answer. The questionnaire will be available until Sunday, December 23rd.

 All responses will be confidential, although your answers may be quoted anonymously in a series of reports in early 2013. If you have any questions, please contact Kathryn Zickuhr at [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]). We know that this is a busy time of year, and would greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

 Thank you!

 Pew Research Center Internet & American Life Project Staff

is one of seven projects that make up the Pew Research Center. The Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan "fact tank" that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It does so by conducting public opinion polling and social science research; by reporting news and analyzing news coverage; and by holding forums and briefings. It does not take positions on policy issues.

To reply to this message, click here: http://coslacommunity.ning.com/profiles/message/listInbox?xg_source=msg_mes_private

--
To control which emails you receive on Chief Officers of State Library Agencies, Inc., go to:
http://coslacommunity.ning.com/?xgo=rdNHvV9NFfjc4/kJgsN0vzLMMLG0GXKrnuyf2i9Z1tWGI1/RnybnQA&xg_source=msg_mes_private