MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:17:05 -0400
Reminder: E-rate Forms, Deadlines and USAC Computer Systems Upgrade

Current forms that you should be working on for your telephone services
are:

Form 486 for July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010

My report from USAC indicates that all libraries that submitted a Form
471 have been funded and received their Funding Commitment Decision
Letter!  That is great news to have 100% libraries funded.

The deadline for submitting the Form 486 is October 29, 2009.  I would
encourage all of you to get this form filled out this week.

The SLD is performing a major computer systems upgrade beginning the
first week in September. They expect all functions to be down for at
least 2 weeks.  Read the latest News Brief on the upgrade at their
website:
http://www.universalservice.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=250
<http://www.universalservice.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=25
0>

If you don't get the Form 486 done, you will have the end of September
and most of October to get it done.

For 472 (BEAR) for July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009

The deadline for submitting the Form 472 (BEAR) is October 28, 2009.  if
your service provider uses the online BEAR approval process you could
probably get the form done this week and approved.  Otherwise, there
will be delays in processing the Form 472 while the USAC computer
systems are upgraded.

More details on the upgrade are in the August 12 News Brief:

http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=247&WT.mc_id=sl
-newsbrief-20090814
<http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=247&WT.mc_id=s
l-newsbrief-20090814>

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about either of
these two forms.

Janet

Janet McKenney
Coordinator of Learning and Technology