MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:06:15 -0500
FYI

________________________________

From: Stephen Sanzo [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 10:43 AM
To: Lord, Linda
Subject: Grant subsidized digitization/scanning with LYRASIS - special
webinar for New England Members

Hi Linda!

I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward information on this
webinar to your libraries:

In my new role at LYRASIS, one of the projects I am working on is the
Mass Digitization Collaborative (MDC).  The project is partially funded
by a Sloan Foundation grant to provide digitization services.  The
program provides a "soup-to-nuts" approach providing guidance in all
levels of the digitization process - from selection to digitization, and
then uploaded to the Internet Archive where it is hosted and made
accessible to the world.

With that in mind, we will be holding a special online session just for
our New England libraries on this exciting program.

Mass Digitization Collaborative - Special Session for New England

Date: February 17th   (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)

Cost:  FREE

To register visit:

http://www.lyrasis.org/?sc_itemid={B428E950-0D1F-405A-A9B2-CF48C37AA722}

I have also attached a brochure and some pricing to get a sense of
things.  Additional information can be found at:

http://www.lyrasis.org/Products-and-Services/Digital-Services/Mass-Digit
ization-Collaborative.aspx

I would love to work with you on creating awareness in your state for
this great program.

Best,

Steve

Stephen Sanzo

Sr. Member Products and Service Consultant, Innovation & Technology

LYRASIS

New England office:
153 Cordaville Road

Southborough, MA 01772

508-597-1948

F: 508-460-9455

Email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> www.lyrasis.org
<http://www.lyrasis.org/>

NELINET is now part of LYRASIS - Advancing Libraries Together