MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 19:11:33 -0400
MeLibs Announcement:

The Maine Humanities Council and Bowdoin College Library are preparing a
proposal to the National Endowment for the Humanities to establish a
"Maine Literary Collections" portal.  Important features of this portal
would be: (1) a digital repository of pertinent finding aids describing
manuscript collections concerning Maine writers and Maine literature;
and. (2) links to institutional websites and catalogs within the state
that feature Maine literary collections.

Because we seek the broadest possible representation of notable Maine
literary collections, we would like a brief description of your holdings
of works by and/or about Maine writers.  We are also interested in any
other significant resources, either monographs or manuscripts held by
your institution that are useful for the study of Maine literature.

We hope this preliminary survey will gauge the extent of interest in
sharing your Maine literature-related materials through the portal.  Our
expectation is to provide assistance to institutions in developing
electronic finding aids that would provide greater access to holdings
and stimulate public awareness of Maine's rich literary heritage.

Please address any questions and send information about your collections
to Dorothy Schwartz at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Information is needed by June 15 in order that the proposal may be
prepared and submitted on time.  Thank you!