MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:01:12 -0400
Just as an FYI (and to catch others who may have missed it)  I am
resending the message about MARVEL for 2006-2007 which I originally
posted on May 11, 2006.

>>> "Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]> 5/11/2006 7:57:29 AM >>>

All Marvel! databases EXCEPT Access Science will continue in FY07.

We had asked the Legislature for additional MARVEL funding this year in
order to add more databases to MARVEL.  Although the legislature has not
yet
concluded its work for the 122d Second Session, it does not appear
likely
that additional funding will be available.  If that changes, you'll read
it
here!  (Or you can check in with your local legislators.) Best, Linda

Please note:  Marvel! is a service of Maine Info Net, a partnership of
the
Maine State Library and the University of Maine System. Maine Info Net
uses
online technology to provide information and educational resources to
Maine
citizens in conjunction with public, academic, school and special
libraries
statewide.  It promotes resource sharing through the MaineCat statewide
catalog and the SOLAR entry point system. It provides cost- effective
solutions ! for improvement of the quality of library and information
services
through Minerva and URSUS. It supports digital library initiatives and
public access wi-fi in public libraries.

Linda H. Lord
Deputy State Librarian
Maine State Library
64 State House Station