From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:04:35 -0800
Yup. Alaska has to pay airfare, hotel, and other accommodations for
something like 30 players/coaches from all CCHA teams for each trip
they make here, accept for UNO, which came into the league after we
did. I believe that the same (or nearly the same) arrangements are
levied on UAA, as well, for WCHA travel here.  In exchange for this,
everybody else gets to schedule other games, except for us and UAA.
(You might well ask how games vs Robert Morris impacted The OSU RPI
and helped get them into the Frozen 16. I guess that's probably a
different discussion thread, though, and I'll leave it alone...)

--Jeff Partnow