From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1992 12:53:22 EDT
This week's Metroland, our local "here's what's going on everywhere"
publication had a short piece on the Phinal Phour and college hockey
at the Knick.  It seems local officials and ECAC officials like the
idea (although no specific person was mentioned, as I remember), the
biggest thing holding everyone back is tradition.  All the local fans
they talked to said they would rather drive the 3 hours (from Albany)
so they could spend a weekend in Boston.

While I admit I'd love to have it here for convenience, I have been
to Boston 7 of the past 8 years.  I love the trip, it's a great
break from everything.

I think the facility here is nicer than the Gahden, but it just doesn't
have the atmosphere the Gahden does.  I also think they might have a
bigger ECAC draw here than in Boston.  It is so hard to get people to
Boston for a 5pm Friday game.  It would be a lot easier to get people
to Albany for a 5pm Friday game.  The difference is taking the afternoon
off (if that), instead of the whole day, which is a pretty big difference.

Do I sound like I'm sitting on the fence?  I am.  I'll go wherever Clarkson
manages to be playing their playoff games.  :)

Based on the Metroland, I'd say the ECAC seems to at least be listening to
fan reaction.  Who knows if it will have any effect.

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 (and '93 I really hope!!!!!!)