From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 09:18:52 CST
John Haeussler wrote a few days ago:

> The First Annual If I Was An Alien From Outer Space Hence Had ABSOLUTELY
> ZERO Loyalties To Any College Or University I Would Root For _____ Award
> Goes To:

>   Minnesota.  They give the appearance of being a class group.  I've never
> seen a "cheap" tactic by the Golden Gophers.  Aside from the recent NMU
> fan incident, the only negative I've heard this season was Coach Woog's
> whining about the officiating after losing to Michigan.  It seems that
> in a strange twist of fate, the players are actually more reserved than
> the coach.  Anyway, Minnesota impressed me even though I saw them go 0-3.
> They never hung their heads or resorted to sucker-punching anyone that
> was about to defeat them (hereafter refered to as "Zenting").  Here's
> wishing the Golden Gophers a fantastic 1992-93.

Well, you might have been a rather depressed alien a week ago, but there
is good news in Gopherland today.  The groundbreaking ceremony for the
new Mariucci Arena is scheduled for today.  The new arena, to be completed
in time for the start of the 1993/94 season, will seat 8500-9000 and have
an Olympic size rink.  The Gopher hockey banquet takes place on Sunday,
where the good memories of last season and hopes for next season will mix.
Spring is in the air (or has been; it's snowing now) and baseball season
has begun (Go TWINS!).  Life goes on.

-- Erik